The ERP Test Analyst is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, participating in all aspects of project testing and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects.
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Coordinate testing with global test team across different locations and different time zones
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- 6-7 years direct experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- 4 years direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web and client/server applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs (Microsoft SQL Server required, DB2 a
- plus) and automated testing tools ( QC,QTP and Selenium) and BDD framework testing
- API Testing experience using SOAP UI
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.