Saint Paul, MN
Industry: Information Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 373 days agoby Reji Thomas
For each project, the resource will be working with the project teams, and will be expected to create or participate
· QA Accessibility Test Strategy (if applicable)
· QA Accessibility Test Plan
· QA Accessibility Test Cases
· QA Accessibility Test Closure
· Defect documentation
· Requirements Traceability Matrix
· Other documentation as requested (i.e., meeting notes, documented processes, change requests, status reports)
For these projects, the Accessibility / 508 Compliance Quality Assurance Analyst will be expected to:
· Have a complete understanding of Department’s QA accessibility / 508 compliance processes and methodologies, and work within the boundaries of these processes and methodologies.
· Educate and enforce the use of the QA processes and methodologies within the project teams.
· Work with appropriate resources in defining testable Accessibility Requirements and/or Accessibility Use
Cases and Accessibility Acceptance Criteria.
· Have a complete understanding of all functional and technical requirements and use cases.
· Have a complete understanding of and experience using JAWS for accessibility testing.
· Have complete understanding of the Accessibility Design document to ensure the design complements the
Accessibility Requirements. Approve Accessibility Design document if asked to perform QA project lead duties.
· Escalate any challenges to the appropriate resources in a timely manner.
· Assist in managing the overall scope of the Accessibility testing effort.
· Complete required QA Accessibility documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
· Receive appropriate approval and sign-off for all Accessibility testing documentation.
· Execute all Accessibility test cases according to the QA Accessibility Test Plan, or explain (in QA Accessibility
Test Closure) why risk-based / priority testing was executed.
· Transfer knowledge to DEPARTMENT staff.
· Perform other related duties, as assigned.
The Accessibility Quality Assurance Analyst will interface with a variety of individuals—both on the project team
and outside the project team—who may have a vested interest and can offer information pertaining to the project.
· Work with the appropriate resources to define and write Accessibility Testable Requirements
(Waterfall), and/or Accessibility User Stories and Accessibility Acceptance Criteria (Agile).
· Work with the QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the Level of Effort (LOE) estimate for all accessibility testing activities within the project.
· Work with the State’s QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the QA Accessibility Test Strategy (if
· Work with the State’s QA Supervisor and/or QA Lead to create the QA Accessibility Test Plan.
· Work with project QA Lead, Business Analysts, Developers, and/or DBA’s in defining and writing detailed
and reusable Accessibility test cases.
· Document all defects in the defect tracking tool in an accurate manner and within 24 hours.
· Escalate all challenges to the appropriate resource(s) within 24 hours.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Attend and participate in the Defect Triage and Review meetings.
· Transfer knowledge to Department’s staff.
· Follow the State’s Change Management process.
· Work with State staff and staff from other vendors as required for Program / Project.
B.S. or B.A. degree (4year) with two (2) years’ experience as an accessibility / 508 compliance testing
Quality Assurance Analyst
Associates degree (2year) with five (5) years’ experience as an accessibility / 508 compliance testing
Quality Assurance Analyst
Ten (10) years’ experience as an accessibility / 508 compliance testing Quality Assurance Analyst.
2. Four (4) engagements in an accessibility / 508 compliance testing Quality Assurance Analyst role, each with a
different organization and each lasting a minimum of six (6) months.
· Computer Science or Information Technologydegree
· Experience estimating QA work effort, developing accessibility test strategies, accessibility test plans,
traceability matrices, accessibility test cases and final accessibility quality assurance reports
· Experience with defect management, defect resolution using JIRA and/or RTC
· Experience with multiple concurrent QA projects
· Experience with different testing types: accessibility, 508 compliance, black box, grey box
· Experience using JAWS for accessibility / 508 compliance testing