As a mutual company, we are independent by nature, so we think about insurance solutions a little differently. Through listening, problem solving, examining your challenges and collaborating on the right solutions for you, Preferred Mutual independent agents provide flexible solutions and adapt to your evolving needs. We do the same for our employees. We are process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for our clients and our company. We offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. With Preferred, there are no surprises. You can count on us to deliver on our promises and be there when you need us, as your insurance provider and your employer. Preferred Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
YOUR PURPOSE AND FUNCTION IN OUR COMPANY:
Ensure software and systems delivered to testing achieve exceptional quality levels through the creation of QA documentation based on business and technical requirements. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and / or external systems.
KEY CAPABILITIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Analyze the project documentation to ensure a thorough understanding of the requirements including, but not limited to business and technical requirements, functional specifications, process flow/contextual diagrams, integration points and use cases
• Creates and maintains uses cases, test scenarios, test plans and test scripts based on understanding of requirements to assure software operates to defined specifications
• Reviews use cases, test scenarios, test plans and test scripts with Quality Manager, lead developers, business resources and other team members to eliminate ambiguity in requirements document and accurately reflect business requirements
• Creates requirements traceability matrix to ensure all requirements have been tested. Works with QC team to determine defect origin to recommend changes that will reduce future delivered defects
• Identify risks associated to QA activities to projects and communicate risk to Project Manager to minimize impact to overall project schedule
• Work with Project Managers, Business Analyst, Application Developers and project stakeholders to gather a clear understanding of requirements, develop thorough test plans and to ensure status and schedules are communicated
• Achieve a service focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high quality products and services to internal and external customers
• Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules or potential problems
• Deliver test planning and test preparation for all assigned Quality Assurance activities according to defined best practices, standards and procedures within established deadlines.
• Achieve reduced pre-production system/software defects
• Reduced levels of testing effort for the Quality Services team
• Achieve high levels of system integration and correlations among all PMIC internal and external integrated systems.
• 5+ years' experience working with project teams focused on software and systems solutions in a business environment. This experience should be concentrated in the gathering and interpretation of business requirements and use cases and the translation to automated software solutions.
• 3 - 6 years of Technical Quality Analyst work that includes hands-on experience in manual and automated testing and test data generation for various applications
• Ability to develop test plans in a complex and high transactional environment
• Proven examples of creating clear, concise and detail oriented Technical test plans/cases/scripts from both verbal and written requirements
• Proven experience testing web applications, windows services, web services, and mobile applications
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of the quality assurance process and the ability to apply knowledge and skills to complex assignments.
• Strong analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to translate a set of project requirements (for associated and disparate systems) into a test plan, test strategy, test suite, end to end test, and/or other similar holistic quality solution for a set of developed system/application/workflow changes
• Capable of managing test-identified defects from initiation through final solution implementation with developers, business analysts, technical leads, project managers and business users
• Demonstrated knowledge in testing processes, standards and methodologies
• Ability to manage multiple projects and perform in an ever changing industry
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with diversified team members across technical and non-technical functions
• Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner
• Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
• Basic level knowledge of XML and RDBMS concepts
• Knowledge of database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data and validating stored procedures is a plus
• Functional understanding of the Property and Casualty insurance industry is a plus
• Expected to have at least one advanced test certification from an industry recognized test institution
• College degree preferred but not necessary; relevant experience will be considered in-lieu of a college degree and/or test certification.