Software Quality Assurance Analyst II
Less than 5 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
Who we are With annual revenues of nearly $600 million, Batesville is the clear leader, providing a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization offerings, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, and leading-edge technology designed to help funeral directors succeed. The company’s relentless pursuit of quality, customer service and innovation has propelled Batesville to the forefront of the death care industry. Our success hinges on providing the right combination of high quality products and professional and technical resources that enhance a funeral home’s business and create positive relationships with families. While products and services have changed over time, Batesville’s mission of helping families honor the lives of those they love ®has remained the same for more than 100 years.At Batesville, our associates are our strongest asset, and we strive to attract, hire and develop the best and brightest to ensure our place in the future. Batesville has a strong culture of achievement, which is underpinned by these five core values:
- Individual worth and integrity
- Excellence in execution
- Spirit of continuous learning and improvement
- Customer focus and partnership
Position SummaryResponsible for comprehensive software quality for all technology applications, primarily our Web site offerings. Develops, documents, and implements test plans for complex, multi-tier, distributed, applications throughout the full lifecycle of the software. Documents test results. This position will also be responsible for evaluating and developing system requirements and technical solutions. Works directly with product owners and provides self-guidance to develop and maintain business and functional requirements, along with other essential project documentation. In addition, this individual will develop test plans and verify system completion and acceptance according to defined functional requirements for Technology Solutions applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Create test scripts and execute system testing of software products
- Develop business requirement specifications for use by the business to clarify functionality to be developed/enhanced
- Communicate and clarify user requirements with the development staff via the definition of existing and/or new functional specifications for use by developers
- Develop/maintain various project related documentation, such as requirements traceability, use cases, process flow diagrams, On-Line Help and various types of user documentation
- Ensure issues (testing bugs and customer changes) are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Perform project management responsibilities as needed including but not limited to:
- Sprint creation and planning
- Task assignments for development resources
- Status update prep and delivery to project stakeholders
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field; and a minimum of 3 - 5 years related software development project experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills/Experience Required/preferred skills:
- Basic Microsoft Office required
- Experience in supporting our providing quality assurance for web-based software solutions and mobile applications is required.
- Experience with formal development methodologies and QA best practices
- Understanding and creation of SQL for issue research and resolution
- Experience in the development and execution of automated test scripts required
- JIRA usage/administration experience preferred
- Preferred candidates will have experience in Robohelp and / or MadCapFlare, Snagit or other screen capture tools, VNC, Cisco VPN, Sonic Wall VPN, Beyond Compare, SharePoint, SQL Server, FTP, and Skype. MIS Enterprise experience desirable, MS Project, and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred