That’s Nice, But What’s the Job
In short, as a Software Quality Analyst, you will partner with engineers on a fast-paced AGILE team to direct and own the QA effort supporting multiple applications, designing/executing test plans for frontend, API, and DB changes, calling out testing bottlenecks they occur, writing test scripts, and validating Production deployments.
In long, as a Software Quality Analyst, you are responsible to:
- Provide front-end and backend testing, validation, and sign-off for Production releases
- Define testing strategy/scope for different products, from the library of test suites down to the individual test cases
- Write detailed test plans that cover user story acceptance criteria and foreseeable edge cases
- Identify, document, and prioritize defects and bugs, and work with the teams to investigate and resolve issues
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, design discussions, and test plan reviews
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - the ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented. Okay we know it’s on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Team Orientation. You appropriately include others in decision-making. You genuinely care about co-workers’ wellbeing and input and are interested in developing collaborative working relationships characterized by trust and mutual respect.
- Decisiveness. You’re able to make timely, informed decisions that take into account facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Outcome Orientation. You understand the “whys” behind tasks and can achieve complex goals with a high level of autonomy.
- Over 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- Strong agile tester with experience testing API, web and mobile application, and database changes
- Proficient in using SQL for testing
- Highly organized, self-directed, and accountable to timelines
- Experience with establishing cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Curious about technology and how our software works
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about continuous learning and growth
- Able to create intermediate or advanced SQL queries to create/manipulate test data
- Working understanding of POSTMAN or other API testing tools