As a Software QA Tester, the incumbent will assess software quality through manual and automated testing. Will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. In this role, the Software QA Tester should have a keen eye for detail and analytic mind. Must be competent in authoring, maintaining, and executing testing documentation and are passionate about quality. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality, assists in debugging and modification of software. Ultimately, will ensure that our products, applications, and systems work correctly.
- Conduct pre-release, post-release testing
- Review and analyze system specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with software engineers, QA team members, and cross-functional teams to ensure smooth SDLC process and product quality
- Develop, maintain, and execute test cases (manual or automated)
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action
- Assist in debugging and modification of software
- Report defects, bugs, and errors
- Utilize learned team principles, methods, concepts, and techniques
- Follow company standard practices and procedures.
Required Education & Work Experience:
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with the software development process
- Working knowledge of manual testing (automation testing is a plus), regression testing, and issues reporting
- Working skills in developing and maintaining testing documentation
- Professional certification in software testing or quality control is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory information systems, and biobanking software.
- Specific experience with Limfinity and LimitLIS products a plus.