This position is critical to the growth and continued success of the organization with responsibility for quality assurance of PRA's products and services. Ideal candidates will have proven experience in software testing as well as leadership skills and experience in communicating with internal management and external customers. The Software QA Manager will lead the QA team throughout the software development lifecycle with system testing and troubleshooting of applications to ensure quality and compliance of software development.
Collaborate with engineering team to plan and manage agile software development sprints for multiple customers, simultaneously.
- Develop, maintain and execute system test strategy.
- Create test plans for new development
- Communicate QA status to internal and external stakeholders
- Define and manage development of automated testing.
- Ensure compliance with both regulatory and corporate standards/requirements.
- Analyze and document defects, provide explanations of defects and their impacts
- Support the development team with the creation of test plans, verifying functionality and proper integration for applications.
- Develop matrix to measure testing effectiveness and support continuous improvement.
- Establish and enhance QA processes to ensure efficient and accurate testing.
- Mentoring QA Team
- Lead QA projects, including define project objectives and timeline; communicate to team and stakeholders.
Collaborate with creative team to plan and manage mobile app testing
- Manage and distribute assets and documentation from creative department to engineering team
- 5+ years of Software QA experience, experience in medical device software testing a plus
- 5+ years of experience working within Agile scrum framework
- Knowledge of Software QA best practices and methodologies
- Experience with automated test development and testing tools
- Detail oriented and a problem solver
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration skills
- Proven experience writing test plans and test cases as well as conducting manual tests
- Knowledgeable of software testing methodologies and strategies for web applications
- Solid understanding of front and back-end of web applications to develop comprehensive, full-stack testing procedures.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming.
- Partnering skills to work collaboratively with software development teams and DevOps personnel.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with teams.
- An understanding of network IP (TCP/UDP), DNS, application protocols (SOAP, JSON).
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience is desired.
- Experience in security best practices for applications, systems and communications.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Create, update, and maintain automated test scripts for platform
- Clinical, healthcare or life sciences background (HIPAA, 21CFR)
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.