Polaris, a global powersports leader in off off-road vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles, is looking for an experienced and passionate Software QA manager for our Embedded, Mobile App, Web Portal, and Cloud Software Development teams. This is an exciting role leading the team testing and validating Ride Command, our world class connected rider solution. It requires leadership skills, business & technical acumen, and the ability to effectively plan and execute quality programs. You will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly, directly impacting cloud initiatives, mobile and embedded applications, and security related projects at Polaris.
The ideal candidate is an articulate and organized hands-on leader by example, who is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment, can shepherd quality processes, mentor and supervise quality engineers at all levels, and collaborate across teams within the company. Interest in Powersports powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
Responsibilities include balancing multiple project priorities within a portfolio of initiatives, managing resources and schedule, working closely with Product Owners and Development teams, and overall ensuring that Polaris produces quality software as a regular occurrence. Direct reports to this role are located in Plymouth, MN, BattleGround WA, and Sunnyvale CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Leadership and Management (95%):
- Mentor embedded, mobile, web and cloud quality engineers.
- Interview, hire, and recommend according to Polaris’s project and initiative roadmap for team expansion and growth, including full time employees and contractors.
- Create plans and execute them for building best of breed quality processes, especially automation as appropriate.
- Instill a habit of quality in the entire Software Engineering organization, not just the Quality Assurance team, but in Architects and Developers.
- Measure each team’s and each individual developer’s productivity, track and provide updates with recommendations for improvement, eliminating bottlenecks, etc.
- Establish and track test plans.
- Manage within project timelines and resources.
- Determine and manage the promotion of tested product from development to production environments.
- Manage all vendor contract compliance for Ride Command validation.
- Drive individual and team training, productivity and process improvements using Scrum development, LEAN practices, and external training resources.
- Own responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare monthly budget submissions, reports and presentationsOverall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Other Duties (5%):
- Attend and contribute to project and administrative meetings.
- Prepare monthly budget submissions, reports and presentations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or equivalent technical degreerequired.
- 6+ years of experience in project planning andmanaging a software team management of 5 or more engineers required.
- Track record of successful on-time shipping of software using an Agile development model.
- Experience in test planning, scheduling, and resource management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong professional development and team building skills.
- Standard office environment.
- Moderate domestic travel (around 25%) is required.
Req No. 9523BR