We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company’s success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.
In particular, we offer:
- Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
- Visionary leadership
- Excellent compensation packages
- An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
- Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
- Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
- Lead a QA team in the test and verification of new features and functionalities related to the products within the teams scope of responsibility.
- Ensure the team maintains best practice test methodologies
- Provide feedback to team members with regard to individual performance
- Hands-on participation in testing and certifying releases
- Quickly develop product knowledge and apply this knowledge to create effective QA activities
- Develop, document and communicate test plan and strategy
- Communicate test progress and review test results with appropriate teams and team members
- Provide feedback on requirements completeness and testability
- Represent team in various project meetings – planning, review, estimation, retrospective, etc.
- Maintain and develop test cases from change requests and new projects
- Implement test cases into test automation tools where practical
- Work with SQA team, engineers, developers, architects, systems admins, DBAs and product managers in solving new and existing technical issues
- Participate in Project Planning, Design and Code Reviews
- Measure and verify that software and host environment meet industry standard vulnerability benchmarks
- Consistently meet project, weekly patch, and quarterly releasedeadlines
- Coach and assist in developing team members technical and soft skill sets
- Empower and delegate balance work-load amongst team members
- Champion in influencing early adoption of change initiatives
- Inspires collaboration by building relationships amongst teams and team members, leads by example
- Ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make educated and rational decisions with regard to areas of responsibility
- Ability to identify process issues and to provide possible solutions
- Data driven in decision making and providing feedback
- Solid foundation and experience in the Quality Assurance discipline
- Understanding of test processes and development methodologies. Formal training in testing
- methodologies preferred.
- A working knowledge of quality assurance and agile development methodologies.
- Experience with full quality management lifecycle for software application development, test and deployment.
- Experience with automation of test cases
- Excellent management, inter-personal, and communication skills, able to engage with users and stakeholders across disciplines.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Professionalism and ability to use diplomacy in working relationships to deal with conflict and to arbitrate solutions successfully.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively, to take initiative, and to maintain collegiality and productivity under pressure.
- Experience with SOAP UI, Selenium Webdriver, Jmeter, and other load and test automation tools
- Knowledge of DevOps and configuration management tools such as Jenkins and Puppet
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Amazon AWS application test
- Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle including design, testing, and delivery
- Ability to understand and start projects quickly
- Ability to lead a team located in multiple time zones
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field