The position is responsible for implementation and delivery of web-based applications, including the presentation, application and database layers for the Bendix SafetyDirect and AutoVue product lines.
- Lead all QA activities for the web and mobile platform.
- Automate manual test processes and test data evaluation
- Automate technical report generation to document test results and conclusions.
- Support implementation of CI/CD working closely with Devops Engineer.
- Author test plans, test cases, and/or test scripts required to validate solutions
- Work closely with offshore QA team
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
- Work closely with all members of the team (e.g. Product Owner, scrum master, system engineer, etc.) to ensure that all quality assurance requirements are defined and properly documented
- Define and develop new and refine existing QA process, controls, and best practices
- Act as a strong advocate for quality and share QA knowledge to other team members within the company
- Ensure all projects meet both functional and non-functional requirements and map to QA test cases
- Assist QA Leadership in training and mentoring other QA staff members on QA best practices and techniques
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Lead and mentor QA team members
- Good Understanding of automation testing frameworks and technology
- Knowledgeable on web, application and database development.
- Knowledgeable with building responsive websites.
- Knowledgeable with working in an agile development environment.
- Expertise in various forms of software testing: functional and non-functional testing – regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into test cases and test scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams and clients
- Strong technical aptitude
- Team Player, able to work in a team environment to resolve issues; gain trust, be candid and committed.
- Proficient in the following languages: Python, C#
- Rudimentary knowledge of SQL setting up a Database
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and capable of formal and informal discussions.
- Detail oriented, thorough and observant record keeper.
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours occasionally to conform to
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Position Requirements: The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-7 Years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- Implementation of test automation frame works. ADO, Jenkins, etc.
- 5-7 Years’ experience working with web-based software solutions
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) testingExtensive understanding in QA process (Agile and Waterfall), tools, and approaches
- Experience with JIRA, Azure Devops, or similar bug and issue tracking solutions
- Experience with Mobile Web testing and simulator/emulation tools is a plus
- Knowledge of Selenium test automation a strong plus
- Experience with Blazemeter/JMeter/load testing tools, and performance testing tools a plus
- Experience with testing beyond functional (e.g. Web Accessibility, security, etc.) a plus
- Experience automating test scripts is a huge plus
- Experience testing native mobile applications for iOS and Android is a huge plus
- Experience in cross device/cross OS version testing of native mobile applications is a huge plus