Software QA Engineer III is responsible for complete end-to-end verification of Natera software systems and services using both manual and automated test strategies.
- Perform software verification, define and execute test cases and scenarios required for software quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Perform system analysis, assess risk, and develop strong test strategies by analyzing product design and technical specifications, and by collaborating with product managers and developers.
- Participate in building and maintaining data-driven test automation framework using automation tools and libraries.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or defects.
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices and tools with goals to continuously improve test coverage.
- Work closely with developers in all phases of SDLC to build quality into our development process.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience testing both front-end and server-side functionality of complex n-tier systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, strong SQL skills
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala
- Understanding of one or more of additional programming and scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Groovy, or other
- Recent hands-on experience with front-end test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG, Junit, ScalaTest, Gatling and others
- Strong knowledge of Linux and command line shell scripting
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear