The QA Engineer II translates business requirements into effective test cases, test planning, test automation and test execution. Possesses solid working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within quality assurance. Documents and tracks software defects identified through testing and generally work with developers & support engineers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Works under general direction
- Assists in determining and developing approaches to testing solutions
- Participates in creating test plans, test data, test cases, and test scripts.
- Participates in formal reviews of business requirements, user stories and application design.
- Has input to test coverage based on business requirements, user stories and application design
- Creates and executes manual and/or automated test scripts for multiple or complex projects.
- Creates test data for multiple or complex projects.
- Performs testing for multiple or complex projects & retests as necessary.
- Reviews and reports complex test results.
- Identifies test issues on multiple or complex projects.
- Executes regression tests for projects.
- Participates in production verification and validation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Communication with internal and external groups
- A minimum of 1-3 years of in-depth QA Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- General product knowledge
- Software testing background through QA experience.
- Good understanding of agile software development processes including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Applications/technology knowledge or related experience.
- Ability to implement and execute automated and/or manual tests.
- Capable of using libraries/frameworks provided with supervision and assistance to automate
- Able to write SQL queries
- Ability to interact with development team to identify and resolve defects
- Must have troubleshooting skills, and be able to perform root cause analysis
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills