Apple is looking for a software QA engineer to provide quality assurance for several of our Graphics & Imaging Frameworks. Work and contribute toward the engineering of Apple's state-of-the-art products involving video, audio, and graphics in the Interactive Media Group. IMG is part of Apple's Software Engineering division and provides the media and graphics foundation across Apple's innovative products including Mac, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, watchOS, and HomePod.
- 2+ years experience with test automation, software development, or performance testing
- 2+ years experience with XML, Python, Perl, Java, shell scripting or equivalent programming skill
- Experience qualifying software products
- Experience evaluating software performance
- Experience writing test automation scripts or test tools
- Experience developing or testing graphics or media technologies desired
- Familiarity with iOS and macOS desired
- Ability to triage problems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance
In this role you will provide quality assurance for several frameworks developed by IMG's Graphics & Imaging team. Responsibilities include defining test coverage and building test plans ; building and maintaining functional, performance, and reliability test cases ; writing and executing automated testing ; and evaluating the current quality of new features and existing technologies. You will work closely with Apple development engineers, a team of QA engineers, and other Apple QA teams to ensure Apple delivers products of the highest quality.
BS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience).