Software QA Engineer
- Job Number: 58235696
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 28-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Car Integration QA team is looking for an engineer that loves Apple products and has a passion for quality. We're searching for a creative and motivated QA engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will join a dedicated team responsible for evaluating the quality of the user-experience in the automotive space. This position requires a dynamic individual with strong technical skills and a passion to make the in-car experience great. The individual must have experience testing wireless technologies such as NFC, Bluetooth, and Wifi. Applied experience with scripting and automation is preferred.
- 5+ years of SQA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer-facing hardware/software products
- Experience testing consumer electronics that use NFC, Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi technology
- Demonstrated ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Must have a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies & practices
- Have a passion for user-focused design & high quality technology
-Conduct gray box testing with Apple devices against 3rd party automotive systems. -Create, modify and execute tests for validation of iOS hardware and software features at the application and system level. -Design and execute integrated system/scenario tests -Write test plans and other QA-related documentation as required -Regress, isolate and report issues found during testing -Work cross-functionally with other QA teams, developers and project managers -Be a vocal proponent for quality (internally and externally) in every phase of the development process -Report status on a regular basis
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience