We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Software QA Architect lead that can help mature and influence PACCAR’s quality practice to improve overall velocity and project quality. The Software QA Architect will be responsible for QA Strategy, Governance and facilitating the testing efforts for very complex multi-million dollar software development projects. The qualified candidate will work closely with the project manager, project engineering team and developers to design and deliver an effective quality plan. Effective collaboration and excellent communication skills are a must. We are looking for a results oriented and flexible individual with a "can-do" attitude that can make the necessary QA assessments throughout the product lifecycle.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop QA Automation, Performance & Agile Implementation Strategy for Software Quality at IT.
- Provide Quality Assurance leadership for software development projects
- Defining quality plans and metrics including planning test cycles(UAT, Performance, Integration, regression, etc.) and execution in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Participate in critical design activities to assure that the product under development meets requirements and can be effectively tested
- Consult, lead or develop test automation efforts through UI, Service or Unit layers
- Consult, lead or develop performance testing
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with developers, project managers and other team members
- Create Guidance & Participate in the review of accurate resource plans, project schedules and budgets
- Provide coaching and mentoring on quality assurance best practices to team members, colleagues and peers
- Develop and implement improvements to quality control practices
- Travel less than 20% domestically and internationally.
- 9+ years of IT Quality Assurance related experiencerequired.
- Thorough understanding of software quality assurance and quality control techniques and software development lifecycles (SDLC), Test Automation Frameworks & Various Test Methodologies.
- Knowledgeable in HP Quality & Performance Center use and administration
- Knowledgeable and Hands on in automation tools and frameworks: HP UFT, Selenium, Visual Studio CodedUI, SoapUI, NUnit/MSUnit, Certify
- Knowledgeable and Hands on in performance testing tools: HP Performance Center, Visual Studio Web/Load Tests, performance counters
- Knowledgeable in VBScript, C#, or Java
- Understanding of testing web services: SOAP, REST
- Able to effectively communicate complex concepts and influence decisions
- Demonstrated creative and analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- A working knowledge of programing languages, database design, and Program Management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Maintained high level of quality while working under pressure and deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.