Software QA Analyst, II
Experienced Software QA Analyst—a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
About the Role
- Develops, coordinates, plans and executes test activities to ensure that the system meets business and technical requirements. Provides guidance to the other members of the test team on their planning and execution activities. Serves as the primary contact/resource regarding functional and technical system issues for software testers, management and other departments as appropriate. Contributes to product definition specifications from a testing perspective.
What You'll be Doing
- Develops and executes test strategies, test plans, test cases for new products and releases. Ensures that system and business requirements are met.
- Coordinates test planning; analysis and execution activities for software releases. Develops project plans, including tasks, resources, duration and critical path items.
- Coordinates the work of a team of software testers.
- Identifies and confirms test requirements utilizing functional specifications.
- Designs automated benchmark tests to identify, log and track product defects. Re-tests and confirms defects reported as fixed.
- Proactively implements test automation utilizing tools available in-house.
- Trains and mentors lower level analysts in testing methodology and software development life cycle.
- Participates in all technical testing efforts including integration and performance testing.
- Proactively works with development and product groups on problem analysis, reproductions and resolution.
- Handles day-to-day communications with internal customers. Assists with developing additional communications for the user community regarding product changes.
- Functions as a critical member of the software test team, including providing assistance to teammates, providing training to team as required, and communicating effectively both within the team and with external contacts.
- Maintains current knowledge of various quality assurance testing technologies available in the market. Proactively makes recommendations on how to make internal test processes more efficient.
- Develops functional test cases and test procedures from existing documents or from functional decomposition of the existing system.
- Establishes test environment including database requirements, hardware and software configurations.
- Documents discrepancies identified and provides status reports to management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in software quality assurance testing.
- At least one year experience working in an agile team.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and MS Windows 2000 or higher.
- At least one year experience with automated testing, including load and performance testing.
- Working knowledge of testing disciplines and tasks and automated test tools.
- In-depth knowledge of relational database, SQL and web technologies.
- In-depth understanding of web-based testing products.
- Extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Excellent analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to perform problem analysis and resolution.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a suitability determination.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to information stored in operational databases.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
As a Software QA Analyst, you will be part of a stable, established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification that will present you with a range of different challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays