The Embedded Systems team is seeking a Software Prototype Engineer who can apply his/her knowledge and skills in support of our current product portfolio and our future needs.
Depending on experience level, responsibilities include:
- Prototype embedded software for material handling vehicle controls.
- Debug and test software for conformance to prototype requirements.
- Develop a physical prototype to help determine a detailed effort estimation that will be involved in development.
- Prototype to get constructive feedback faster and more effectively help users get a better picture of the product.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Has the ability to rapidly prototype to further develop the idea and show the execution to provide a layer of functionality to the idea.
- Experience using embedded software development toolchains such atMatlab Simulink, StateFlow, PolySpace etc. is required
- Experience with CANalyzer is required
- 2+ years of embedded software development experience using traditional methods or using Auto Code Generation.
- Experience with CAN/CANopen
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers
- Programming Language: C
- Familiarity with some of the tools listed below is a plus:
- National Instruments tools like LabVIEW, VeriStand, cRIO, PXI
- dSPACE toolset
- R, Python, SQL, C++
- CANape, CANoe
Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Has the ability to present technical material to technically diverse audiences.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Self-motivated - demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams toward near-term and long-term objectives
- Inquisitive - mindset to ask the right questions and to design and execute scientific experiments to prove his/her hypothesis
- Data-driven - ability to interpret data and arrive at actionable insights
- A fast learner - demonstrated command of solid research fundamentals and the ability to quickly grasp new technical areas
- A team player - strong interpersonal skills, professional communication skills, experience with building relationships and facilitating active collaboration
- Flexible, adaptable, and eager to deliver timely results despite unanticipated challenges
Greene, NY - Building 1-G1
Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer science, or a professional license, with a minimum of 3-5 years engineering experience.