We are seeking a high caliber Senior Software Project Manager/Engineer for an embedded medical device. The primary function of this role is to serve as the Project Manager for software development projects but the candidate will also support the teams by performing Software Engineering tasks.
Working under general supervision, participates and leads technical team in the specialized level software project activities in such areas as Software Development, Tool Selection, Software Testing, Creating Requirements and/or related areas. Work requires the application of theoretical engineering principles, evaluation, ingenuity and creative/analytical techniques typically acquired in a recognized four-year or more academic course of specialized study. Applies engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems in a creative manner unique to each study. Exercises level appropriate technical judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating engineering work.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Manage the software development cycle from initiation and planning through implementation and delivery, to ensure on time, on budget, and high-quality product
- Drive creation and execution of project Plan, including Scope, Requirements Management, Success Criteria, Schedule, Resources, and Quality
- Serve as the liaison between internal software resources and Program Management
- Supports the implementation, development, enhancements, and modifications to software source code and scripts
- Working from requirement specifications, develops, maintains, and updates detailed design and interface specifications
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems as well as offers strategic solutions, analysis, and advice regarding identified issues for future development
- Writes, updates, or executes test design, cases, as well as procedures and reports results
- Contributes to and supports root-cause analysis of failures
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendor
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related engineering field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of related experience (3+ years of project management experience)
- Experience with C, C++, Tcl, and Linux programming
- Experience with visual modeling, graphical user interfaces, multi-threading, networking, relational databases, formal software development methodologies, and source code management
- Experience with unit- and integration-level testing and automated testing
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Experience onboarding and managing 3rd party vendors
- PMP or Scrum Master certification preferred