Position Overview The SR Project Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing the project budget, developing and managing the project schedule and delivering the committed requirements all while managing product quality.
The SR Project Manager owns the success of the project team and will be responsible to report the progress to management. They will be the “face” of the project.
The SR Project Manager will utilize the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process to manage the development projects.
The SR Project Manager will interface with various people/functions within the company including Product Management, Procurement, Operations Engineering, Customer Service, R&D Engineers, R&D Test Technicians and Quality Assurance. The candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of a diverse global R&D team.
The SR Project Manager needs to have a technical engineering background so they are able to ask the engineers the right questions and participate in requirements analysis, requirements breakdown, design discussions, test planning, product cost analysis, etc.
The SR Project Manager will not be performing design activities himself/herself but they must have a solid understanding of new product development projects and be able to understand the product, the applications, end user needs and be able to motivate, challenge and lead the engineers.
We are looking for an energetic, dynamic, results driven individual with excellent people skills, communication skills and motivation to “get things done" Responsibilities Develops project/program plan on very complex projects or programs. Guides strategic projects or programs. Guides project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities) for very complex projects or programs. Guides the technical review of system design and documentation. Develops continuous improvement plan. May develop client relationship and sales opportunities. Required Knowledge
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas. PMP Certification is mandatory.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.Typically 5-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.5+ years of formal Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- PM@Siemens or PMP certification
- Proven track record of completing projects on time, on budget, and satisfying all performance/quality requirements
- Fluent in MS Projects
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle including Agile development
- Experience with Risk Management – opportunities, risk mitigation, appropriate planning to reduce impact of potential risks etc.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion
- Highly dynamic, flexible and adaptable personality.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people as well as, a geographically distributed team
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Experience in a R&D environment
- Experience with managing Design to Cost projects
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in a software development environment
- Experience with industry standard tools/processes used to manage Agile software development projects
- Experience with hardware development projects
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- International project management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge & experience with MV variable frequency drives is preferred.
Requisition Number: 221168