Software Project Manager
- Job Number: 112988589
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 06-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Be a part of the team making a significant impact in the manufacturing of next generation Apple hardware products. We’re looking for a Software Project Manager who enjoys working in agile small teams with a proven track records of releasing bug free complex, internal-facing projects under demanding timelines.
- • Excellent communication, coordination, and planning skills
- • Applying judgment to balance process compliance with achievement of business objectives
- • Minimum 3 years experience managing software projects as a project manager or engineering manager
- • Demonstrated project management experience in a software development/technology business or equivalent experience leading large cross functional project teams; Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- • Ability to assess a project’s scope and the team’s ability to execute
- • Outcome oriented; Ability to balance the tactical details in service of the big picture
- • Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on key points
- • Hands-on, working knowledge of the software product development lifecycle
- • Strong leadership skills and ability to influence across the organization
- • Ability to work collaboratively across organizations in delivering the best outcome of Projects
- • Proficient with project management tools and techniques.
The Core Infrastructure Design Engineering team is responsible for application development to improve management and scalability of factory test platforms worldwide. We are looking for energetic software project manager to work across several applications. The Software Project Manager will focus on meeting the needs of both external and internal customers, working closely with Engineering Managers and other functional managers to drive projects and process execution successfully. They do not have significant direct responsibility for “people management” but do contribute to project team members’ performance reviews and may provide input into / coach on the creation and / or execution of development plans. They drive process using the indirect authority of matrix management. In addition, the Project Manager will take on broader responsibilities, such as providing input to roadmaps to guide strategic direction or consolidating and prioritizing requirements from various groups.
BS CS/CE or equivalent
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.