Job Title: Lead, Project Engineer-Software Development (PMO)-TS/SCI
Job Location: Chantilly, VA
- Responsible for full lifecycle Project Engineering support for a range of software development integration efforts.
- Primary responsibility for managing customer communications to ensure accurate and timely delivery of products
- Responsible for successfully leading a project team to meet to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Participate in small teams and perform a wide variety of tasks
- Must have ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment on quick reaction projects and will have regular contact with customers.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Experience with best practices for project engineering and program execution
- Experience in managing multi-discipline programs across multiple locations
- Experience in software development and integration programs
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $10M+
- Experience with Technical Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs
- Experience or knowledge of Government contract acquisition lifecycle a plus
- Experience with management of design to cost activities.
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities.