The successful candidate will work directly with delivery and product teams in the growth of our enterprise satellite management and control customer base. This exciting position will require candidates to work with customers during implementation of solutions and include the development of custom software and interfaces to facilitate integration of our suite of network management tools. The ideal candidate must have a positive can-do attitude, enjoy working with customers and developers on solving technical problems, and have applied experience in a wide range of network and software technologies that include distributed computing, databases, networking protocols, network analysis tools, system administration, virtual machines, and network topologies. The candidate must also be comfortable in software development activities in writing device drivers and glue-ware between network applications.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Design, Develop, Integrate and Test Network Management Systems (NMS) based up on customer requirements.
- Support customer technical interchange, and program meetings as needed.
- Support project activities including assisting in schedule development and financial execution.
- Travel to customer locations to support installation and acceptance testing. Travel may be up to 20% of time.
- Support software and hardware technology engineering/integration activities.
- Develop device drivers for new managed devices and implement APIs for integrating software applications.
Experience and Skills: Experience and Skills:
- Candidate will have Bachelor of Science degree in related technical discipline and 3 or more years direct work experience (CS, EE, CSE).
- Demonstrated development experience with some or all of the following: C, C++, C#, Java, HTML, PHP particularly with respect to interface development.
- Development and Integration of Rest Based APIs.
- Experience with Virtual Machine Creation and configuration.
- Experience reading and creating UML design docs, activity diagrams, and flow charts.
- System administration experience in one or more of the following UNIX/Linux variants: Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, SUSE, Debian.
- Experience with developing scripts in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Database experience with MySQL, SQL Server, Postgresql or Oracle including SQL and stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of network tools and technologies including IP, TCP/IP, ICMP, Wireshark, SNMP and Multicast.
- Prior experience supporting satellite communications, telemetry systems, network engineering, telecommunications or similar industries with complex monitoring/management applications.
- Experience creating detailed network diagrams using Visio, Autocad, or similar tools.
- Experience working in a mission critical production environment.
- US Government clearance or the ability to obtain one.