Tesla Energy is seeking a Software Engineering Program Manager to own and drive Software development for new, exciting Tesla Energy products. These products support the integration of distributed energy storage and solar generation systems with grid in the residential, commercial and utility scale markets.
We are searching for a candidate with a proven track record of planning and executing multiple parallel complex programs. In this role, you will understand the scope of system development, create software development plans and schedules for teams following dynamic software development methodologies, and successfully manage execution of that plan ensuring exceptional product performance and customer experience.
You will be working with a team focused on delivering compelling customer experiences through excellent product design, and advanced technologies including high performance, distributed, big data software systems. An ideal candidate will be excited to grow a culture and process that ensures dynamic, well-coordinated and resilient engineering teams delivery innovative products.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Software for Energy Products.
- Lead and facilitate short and long-term development projects through the software development lifecycle including feature prioritization, requirements definition, system architecture, UI design, implementation, automated quality testing, continuous deployment, and production support.
- Inspire, lead, and organize software development initiatives constructed on moderntechnology frameworks.
- Engage in regular, effective communications with leadership, stakeholders, and internal team members, to ensure they are constantly apprised of all aspects of their project(s). Facilitate communication across teams.
- Create schedules and track interdependencies to ensure milestones and commitments are met.
- Identify key critical path areas in the schedule and monitor resolution and overall project impact.
- Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable form while providing risk tracking, and mitigation in technical environments.
- Develop a quality focus in others by establishing clear requirements and measuring key outcomes. Ensure continues improvement of the product development process.
- Manage and resolve conflicts with an ability to influence cross-functional teams while managing multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
- 3+ years in software program, project, or product management or a software development role
- Excellent written and spoken communication with ability to understand complex problems and summarize in a well-structured, clear, concise way to a wide audience.
- Technical knowledge of the software development lifecycle and software management tools e.g. Jira, Confluence.
- Ability to coordinate teams to deliver great software systems at scale by synthesizing customer needs, business needs, and engineering culture in order to get the right things done at the right time.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel.
- Ability to make decisions and take action quickly.