Join us designing the life-saving equipment needed to increase sudden cardiac arrest survival rates from the unnecessarily low 8% nationally to rates of over 60% survival like King County, WA. We work in a place where survivors come and thank us for doing our jobs.
What you will be doing:
With access to the right equipment and support, everyone can help save a life. Philips AED solutions with Life Guidance act as your personal coach to guide you through a cardiac emergency with a simple, step-by-step process. Adaptive instructions and intelligent sensors keep you on track to automatically deliver the right therapy, helping give you the confidence to lead the way to save a life.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Plan, own and participate in projects to support embedded software in our released product line
- Investigate customer complaints and device failures as they may relate to the embedded software
- Ownership of our software process, templates and practices
- Design and develop process and practice improvements in accordance with the corporate Software Center of Excellence initiatives
- Evaluate, select and validate new or improved software development tools
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the full development cycle of embedded software including requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Create products according to the specifications and software development process
- Create engineering documentation to comply with product development policies, practices and procedures
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
In return, we offer you
A collaborative team atmosphere with an amazing support system aimed to help you grow in your career though matrix connections with the business and internal customer support.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.