The Software Product Manager is responsible for managing the SW products within the Product Lifecycle, including but not limited to customer and product requirements, writing the validation plan, defining the product vision and strategy, developing marketing tools, managing the product launch, and soliciting customer feedback for future product improvements.
The SW Product Manager will work closely with many organizational functions, including Business Development, Product Development and Commercial teams. The candidate will be responsible for developing the product roadmap, possess the technical and applications depth of knowledge to be able to define clear software product requirements, provide competitive benchmarking analysis, develop marketing/sales tools and collateral, provide training to the sales force, and interact with customers to assess product performance. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, independent with a strong operational focus is critical for success.
- Own all software product requirements for instrument control and data processing.
- Define the specifications required to process Ion Mobility-Mass Spec data with 3rd party data processing solutions already adopted by industrial and academic customers.
- Routinely collect Voice of the Customer (VoC) for software products and use this to drive product enhancement.
- Conduct product presentations demonstrating instrument control for data acquisition through data processing workflows.
- Must be able to interact with customers throughout the product development process to ensure product design and performance meet customer expectations.
- Create wireframe and mock-ups to aid in specifying requirements.
- Lead the verification and validation of software workflows to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Seek out new data processing partners and identify new integration opportunities.
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
- Develop sales tools and sales training material as it relates to software and workflow solutions.
- Provide input for marketing collateral development
- Manage product related support, feedback and inquiries from users; track customer feedback to provide input into future product improvements.
- Support sales as field technical and subject matter expert
- Coordinate market research to track customer and end-user feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience in a technical, sales or marketing role.
- 6+ years’ experience with data processing workflow or instrument control software development, testing, or support in the field of Chromatography or Mass spectrometry, or Ion Mobility.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze VoC Data and translate it into User Requirements.
- Experience working with outside development partners.
- Experience processing data from Protein, Lipids, or Metabolomic analysis performed with Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, or Ion Mobility instrumentation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with multifunctional teams (eg. marketing, product development, sales)
- Ability to work in the United States.
- Willing to relocate to the Chadds Ford, PA region
- Internal Interactions:
- Product Development
- Business Development
- Application Development
- Product Sales Specialist
- Service Engineers
- External Interactions:
- SLIM/MS End Users
- Scientific Community, Academic Researchers
- MS partner Product Managers and Sales Associates.
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it.
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems.
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture.
- Technical translation