You are a leader who guides, coaches, and mentors software engineers in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of company's software products and services.
You will lead teams who work developing best practices for integration, testing and deployment of systems and services that are transforming learning and education.
This role is primarily focused on the leadership and development of people and practices and enables self-directed teams to successfully execute against their goals within an Agile organization in support of corporate vision and strategy
- Manage 2 agile development teams with 5-7 engineers each.
- Attract, recruit, retain, and develop top engineering talent.
- Review the performance of individual team members and provide effective coaching for improvement.
- Cultivate and groom leaders.
- Act as a servant leader to a team or a team of teams so that they are enabled to maximize the value they can deliver to the business.
- Foster and enable software craftsmanship and innovation.
- Advocate for the team and promote their successes, celebrate their failures, and share key learnings throughout the organization.
- Lead accountability, autonomy, and empowerment within your teams and manage the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto and SAFe framework in all interactions and equip the team to do the same.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10+ years' experience in software development.
- 5+ years building web applications and services on the Microsoft .NET tech stack or on JavaEE Application Servers.
- 3+ years of software development management experience.
- 1+ years leading teams using Agile, Scrum, XP, or Kanban.
- Experience delivering reliable DevOps solutions, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Track record of successful project delivery.
- Capable of contributing technically when necessary
- Demonstrable knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, data structures and modern programming techniques
- Proven database design and data architecture skills
- Knowledge of common design patterns
- Experience delivering reliable DevOps solutions, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with leveraging public cloud infrastructure (specifically AWS/EC2) is a plus
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises (SAFe).
Reference # 8203 - Beverly A. Kahn, Founder/President