Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
The Division of Juvenile Justice and Opportunities for Youth (DJJOY) Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS) is a web-based application using .Net technology. It tracks juvenile justice youth through detention facilities (using the Juvenile Detention Automated System JDAS) into OCFS placement where they go through Intake, Residential, and CMSO (community multi-service office) programs and services, and also provides an automated financial/billing module. It includes a sub-system, the Automated Restraint Tracking System (ARTS), to track restraints at foster care voluntary agencies. During 2013 a new system has been added to support the Detention Risk Assessment Instrument (DRAIS). This system provides support to local probation and social services departments to create the assessment online with information from the Office of Court Administration.
The schedule for 2019 to 2021 includes but is not limited to:
- Implementation of phase 2 of the Raise the Age (RTA) legislation, which includes the following:
- JJIS (Juvenile Justice Information System):
- Billing: The NYS reimbursement rate is by county for RTA youth. We need to change the billing procedures to support this. This includes billing reports.
- Support for county-based reimbursement rate: NYS reimburses 100% of the cost related to RTA except for those counties that are over their 2% cap. Our claim and billing modules need to take this into account
- JDAS (Juvenile Detention Automated System):
- Claim: The NYS reimbursement rate is by county for RTA youth. we need to change the claim procedures to support this. This includes reports.
- Billing: RTA youth are not part of the bill.
- STSJP: Add allocation and claim for STSJP for RTA.
- Upgrade current platform for all systems to current Microsoft platform.
- Automation of the Supervision and Treatment Services for Juvenile Program (STSJP) Plan submission process.
- Enhancements to the education module to accommodate changes in the process.
- New module for Quality Assurance Instruments that will allow DJJOY to improve their QA process.
- New module for Ministerial services
- Enhancements to the following modules:
- Youth Family Information
- Community Reentry plan
- Integrated Support Plan
This request is for a 24-month period. The impact of not approving this request is a lack of a resources dedicated to the full-time effort of creating the new components for all the DJJOY applications.
- Manage a team of business analysts.
- Manage the project workload in Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Project.
- Work with the technical lead to manage development work.
- Work with business customers to create business requirements, ascertain appropriate help, training and user test as needed.
- Assist with responding to Juvenile Justice data requests.
- Work with the data warehouse team designing data marts
- Assists development team with database design and SQL Queries
- Set standards for system documentation.
- Work with the UI Designer to set UI standards.
- Collaborate with the other leads to improve SDLC use in the project.
- Works with Project Manager to mitigate risks and determine priorities.
- 84 months experience working with .net web applications.
- 72 months experience managing a team.
- 84 months experience with transactional and dimensional database design.
- 72 months experience developing N-Tier applications.
- 36 months experience working with Microsoft Project
- 84 months experience with SQL complex data queries.
- 48 months experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Bachelor's Degree.