COBAN Technologies is a leading provider of body worn cameras and in-car video solutions. Our products are used by several of the largest police agencies in the country. We capture, transfer, store and manage petabytes of video evidence utilizing the latest technologies, including wearables, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud SaaS, storage area networks, mobile applications, IP video, and video streaming.
The Software Manager will be responsible for managing an expanding staff of software developers and testers located in the U.S. and overseas. The Software Manager will develop and oversee the software budget, scope development programs, architect software solutions, estimate resource requirements, and manage software/test resources. The Software Manager will ensure the team utilizes the latest software languages, frameworks, tools and processes for enterprise applications. The Software Manager will ensure scalable, efficient architectures are selected and implemented.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent (Master?s preferred); 10-15+ years of management experience leading a 10+ developer team.
- Established background in enterprise-level software architecture design and implementation required
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and IT/Software staff development is required
- Experience in WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), WCF (Windows Communication Foundation), MVC (Model View Controller), HTML-5, AJAX, C#, C++, Java, Angular2, MS SQL datamining, MS SQL Replication, Strong Windows (server) and Linux background is required
- Experience with cloud-based systems that capture information from and communicate with remote electronic devices is required
- Experiences in Active Directory, XAML (Extensible Application Markup Language), Agile software development mythology, IT technology background (server, networking, storage), and Cloud experience (Storage management, SaaS) are strongly desired
- Excellent communication, leadership, management, collaboration, team-building, and organizational skills is required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Must be a self-starter and ready to hit the ground running.
- Candidatemust have high ethical standards, exhibit a professional image, and be a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
** Due to the nature of our business with Public Safety and Law Enforcement, Criminal Background Checks will be performed, in addition to basic Credit checks and drug test, to determine eligibility for Employment.
- Lead, build, motivate and manage high performing global software development teams.
- Manage day-to-day software development activities for current and future products, including driving project plans and schedules, and allocating resources and budgets. Use key KPI?s to make management decisions.
- Develop, mentor and coach team members.
- Focus the Software Development team on adherence to development schedules and project deadlines
- Facilitate collaboration between Software Department and the other company departments.
- Lead and drive the implementation and incorporation of continuous quality improvements and customer experience feedback into the product development plans.
- Stay informed of industry technological developments to maintain a technology leadership position.