Nuance's Mobile Division is looking for a software integrationdeveloperwith 2 to 5 years of experience to support Automotive Services projects. The Services team supports Fortune 100 automotive OEMs and their Tier1 suppliers to deliver leading edge speech technology to market.
The Software Integrationdeveloperwill work on Automotive Professional Services projectsby developing,integrating and optimizing software on embedded platforms using Nuance state-of-the-art speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies for major automotive OEMs. You will work closely with Nuance Professional Services and R&D colleagues and Customers’ speech software teams to integrate and deploy Nuance technology into production ready software. In your assignments you will maintain clear communication and collaborative relationships with internal team members, staff in core product development and with Nuance partners and customers.
- Develop, deploy and optimize speech-related automotive applications on embedded platforms
- Integrate software components (middleware, speech engines, speech dialog modules) and support system level testing
- Provide fully configured integrated system to the development engineers
- Closely work with application development engineers and QA teams within the scope of one or more customer projects to realize the project deliverables
- Investigate technical requirements for customer applications
- Port applications to different embedded OS
- Dialog design and implementation for automotive applications
- Implementation of voice dialog flows in XML like language.
- Test of dialog in development environment and on the actual infotainment system
- Review and investigate issues in dialogs developed by peers
- Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong scripting skills
- Multithreaded software development experience
- Expertise with embedded platforms (working with Android, Windows CE, Linux, VxWorks, or QNX) and software development tools (profiler and debugger)
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools, software release process
- Exceptional technical aptitude with the ability to understand complex system and software, diagnose and solve problems
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Good listener and communicator, who can represent Nuance Professional Services at the customer’s premises or in written and oral communications with customers
- Positive "can-do" attitude, self-learner, well organized, focusing on achieving results cost-effectively
- Ability to work independently, including at customer premises, but always as part of the Professional Services team
- Capacity to handle occasional peak demand
- Strong knowledge of a software development process (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of SCM tools (Perforce, Mercurial, etc.)
- Knowledge of audio signal processing
- Knowledge of embedded operating systems (Android, Windows CE, Linux, QNX)
- Knowledge of a scriptinglanguage (Python, Perl).