ZF Braking is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to work as part of a team developing Software designs and architectures for state of the art micro-controllers, mixed signal ASICs, Sensors, switches and actuators used in current and future conventional and brake-by-wire electronic braking systems.
The candidate will be expected to develop AutoSAR and non AutoSAR designs and architectures for state of the art micro-controllers, mixed signal ASICs, Sensors, High speed communication, Cybersecurity and actuators used in current and future conventional and brake-by-wire electronic braking systems.
Candidate shall have knowledge of the C programming language for embedded systems; AutoSAR; demonstrate competency with software requirements, software design, software debugging, testing and software release. The candidate should also have basic understanding of the electronics circuit within the Electronics control Unit (ECU).
- Bachelordegree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience with embedded software development
- Ability to integrate software with target hardware in a lab environment
- Master degree in electrical or computer engineering
- Experience of working knowledge of C/C++ as well as the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Pre-emptive Real-Time Operating Systems
- System level troubleshooting and associated lab experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies a plus and industry standard software development life cycle processes
- Familiar with Automotive systems, Real Time or Near Real Time operating environments, Rhapsody, DOORs, PTC Integrity, Software architecture modeling.
- Familiar with Infineon Aurix micro controller
- Familiar with MultiCore Microprocessors
- Familiar with AutoSAR
- Familiar with ISO26262
- Familiar with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, Flexray..etc)
- Familiar with developing software to MISRA coding standards.
- Familiar with Object Oriented Software Design approach
- Design of SW components for embedded systems in accordance with the requirements
- Design of AUTOSAR software component descriptions with modeling tools
- Specification of the behavior of the components using UML
- Optimization of the design in terms of resources (RAM/ROM run-time) and other criteria
- Design of embedded software and associated tooling (e.g. code Generators)
- Define, track and review work packages for software components to be implemented (in the C language) and tested offshore
- Close international cooperation with other departments, customers and projects
- Support for implementation and testing in the areas of requirement analysis, architecture, integration and software security analysis according to ISO26262.
- Req ID:USA-30825BR