Software Integration Engineer
Global Operations - San Diego, CA - Full Time
A Software Integration Engineer at Verimatrix participates in the integration of the Company’s client and server solutions that enable content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The Software Integration Engineer comes from a software development background to be able to assist our customers and partners with integrations of server-to-server solutions, client-to-server solutions on new devices and platforms. A successful Software Integration Engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible to anticipate questions and issues customers and partners may have, and provide that feedback into the Product Management, Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus). Our team provides 24x7x365 support for customers and partners around the world. Our headquarters are located in San Diego, California and reports to our Manager of Integration Services.
Some tasks the Software Integration Engineer will have include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customers and partners to recommend the best practices for how to use the Company’s software, SDKs and APIs to achieve functionality and scalability of their business use cases.
- Work with customers, partners, customer support, and other technical staff on integration design, implementation, optimization, migrations and ongoing integration management for the Company’s products.
- Define requirements and identify customer-facing risks on how product integration should be done and help identify any potential backwards-compatibility issues.
- Support customer and partner issues that may have occurred during Customer acceptance testing and help reduce turnaround times on project completion.
- Coordinate and escalate to software development, quality assurance and operations teams to resolve more complex customer installation and support issues.
- Collaborate with the software development team to give developer / integration perspective on how to improve Company’s products.
- Share technical knowledge and skills throughout the department and company by creating knowledge base articles and training materials.
- Proactively suggest changes to the Company’s products, processes or internal tools to improve efficiency.
- Proactively make recommendations on software platforms and tools that the company should evaluate, test against, etc.
- Replicate customer and partner environments to test integration performance.
- Provide Tier 1-3 technical support as needed.
- 2 or more years of software development experience in object-oriented languages such as, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift and/or Java.
- Critical-thinking, problem-solving capabilities and high attention to detail.
- Professional, customer-facing written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field or equivalent experience.
Each of the following would be a plus:
- iOS, Android or Web application development experience.
- Integration with Web Services Stack Protocols eg: SOAP, REST, etc
- SQL databaseexperience with Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar.
- Digital Rights Management experience i.e.: Widevine, Playready, Fairplay, etc
- Network and platform certifications from sources such as Cisco, F5, Microsoft, Red Hat, or Oracle.
- Security protocols, cryptography, PGP, PKI, SSL/TLS experience.
- Network and log server monitoring experience with SNMP, Syslog, Wireshark, Splunk, etc.
- Video standards such as: DECE/UltraViolet, MPEG2/4, AVC, H.264, MPEG-DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, Smooth Streaming