Looking for a software integration engineer with 5+ years of UNIX/Linux system administration
• Comfortable with most aspects of UNIX system administration: such as configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printing systems, fundamentals of security and installing third party software.
• Familiar with fundamental networking/ distributed computing environment concepts. Can configure NFS and NIS, can use “nslookup” or “dig” to check information in the DNS and understand basic routing concepts
• A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system: paging and swapping inter-process communication devices and what device drivers do, and file concepts (“inode” “superblock”)
• Ability to write scripts in administrative language (Tk, Perl, Python, bourne, bash, korn)
• Version management experience with several configuration management tools (svc, git, etc)
• Web server maintenance experience
• Experience in IDEs
• Splunk integration knowledge and Dashboard design
• Nagios, rsyslog, snmp familiarity and implementation
• Independent problem solving; self-directed
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management.
A TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.