SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT/ SR. BUSINESS ANALYST IN RALEIGH, NC AT MICROPACT
Date Posted: 5/14/2018APPLYNot ready toApply?Share With:
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
When you join the MicroPact team you are surrounded by exceptionally talented, dedicated and creative individuals. We are proud that team member feedback has resulted in our being recognized as a 2017 Best Place to Work by The Washington Post, The Washingtonian, the Washington Business Journal, and Virginia Business Magazine.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, 401K, and many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Add to that our flexible work hours, casual dress code and commitment to telework, it’s easy to see why you should consider joining the MicroPact team.
Are you interested embarking on your career journey with our company? Read on tofind out more about the next exciting opening within our team!
Software Implementation Consultant/Sr. Business Analyst
At this time we are seeking an experienced Software Implementation Consultant operating at a Senior/Lead level for our current Business Analyst (BA) opportunity. You will be both BA and Implementation Consultant for software configurations of our COTS solution, a case management system used throughout the US to improve the efficiency of state and local regulatory/licensing agencies.
As a senior member of the implementation delivery team, you will be responsible toperform full lifecycle implementations beginning with requirements gathering through transition to production support to implement of a solution that fits the clients' requirements. You will exercise your full potential as a software consultant in this role. You will leverage all of your BA talents throughout the delivery lifecycle to implement our client’s solution and set them up for success. This role will tap your leadership, analysis, troubleshooting, presentation, technical writing, training, and interpersonal skills as you lead the implementation delivery effort for your project. If you are looking for an opportunity to become an expert on your product and your clients, if you thrive onchallenges and take pride in your accomplishments, and if you truly love to “own it” then you will find ample opportunities in this position.
Work independently as a lead on project tasks assigned including:
- Act as a bridge between our external client and MicroPact, representing both the client’s and MicroPact’s best interests
- Develop an understanding of your clients regulatory environment and communicate a clear delineation between standard and custom implementation activities
- Elicit, track, and document business requirements and functional specifications, write Use Cases/User Stories, prepare business process diagrams, and conduct joint application development sessions
- Become proficient with configuring the Regulatory products to ensure that the solution is error-free for client delivery to support their end-to-end business processes
- Lead delivery presentations of the configured solution to our internal and external clients
- Execute internal configurations testing, and create test scripts for UAT
- Capture, consolidate and communicate information from SME’s to the rest of the delivery team
- Control the scope of the project delivery and ensure that configurations are in linewith the project’s agreed upon scope
- Lead project meetings, track issues, communicate risks and work to mitigate them, manage BA deliverables with a focus on timelines & quality, communicate status and manage client iterations/demo schedule with project team members (internal and client)
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to build strong client and partner relationships
- Liaise with the development and quality engineers to ensure they understand how to apply the requirements to their work and understand how the requirements are being fulfilled
- Create training materials and conduct custom training to clients
- Prepare documentation as needed for project delivery
About entellitrak and MicroPact
MicroPact offers stable employment, a strong compensation and benefits package and a high energy work environment. More importantly, we provide opportunities for our staff to learn and grow with the end objective of building a team of highly skilled professionals that can solve client's software needs today and provide a supply of qualified people for future roles in management and executive teams.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- 3+ years of experience executing full cycle implementations of a COTS/ COTS-like product
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst/implementation consultant for software development
- 2+ years of experience working with external clients on software implementations
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related degree
- Strong knowledge of SDLC in Agile, RUP and waterfall methodologies
- Strong Communication skills, both oral and written
- Facilitation & presentation skills
- Analytical thinking (problem solving)
- Technical writing skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- MS Visio or similar product for process flow
- SQL skills and or Database experience a plus
- Experience working on large government IT projects is highly desirable
- IIBA Certification a plus