This is a hands on softwareengineering position in Link's Common Training Environment group. Link's Common Training Environment group isresponsible for development and delivery of discriminating total training solutions, including Link's HD World® next generation simulation product line that provides war fighters with exceptionally realistic and relevant training for combat and peace keeping missions.
HD World® products include: SimuSphere HD immersive visual display system, SimuView image generator system, PBEG physics-based environment generator, World ContentDatabase Generation, and BlueBox HD next generation computational environment.
The successful candidate will perform as a Sensor Systems Software Engineer, serving as the technical expertresponsiblefor establishing system design, and for implementing and/or directing the implementation of real-time image generation solutions for sensor simulation.
- Real-time Image Generation 3D Graphics Software Development
- Design, develop, and implement solutions to interface with host applications in flight simulators for out-the-window and sensor scene rendering, database paging, networking, and real-time optimization
- Perform general system-level integration and troubleshooting
- Sensor systems algorithm development, hands on software development, and integration and test of one or more of the following: near and mid-range infra-red, night vision goggles, and image-intensifier simulation
- Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives and processes
- Training System simulation experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related discipline, or equivalent
- Senior level 3D graphics software development
- Significant Real-Time development experience
- Experience with C++, and OpenGL experience including shaders (Cg, GLSL, or HLSL)
- Linux and knowledge of visual terrain and cultural database tools and technologies
- Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction
- Familiarity with multi-spectral material radiosity calculations
- Experience working in a team environment
- Good communications skills
- DoD Secret Clearance is required or be able to obtain one
L3 Link Simulation & Training (L3 Link) is a division of L3 Technologies Headquartered in Arlington, TX, L3 Link provides Total Training Solutions to government and commercial customers. Our Core capabilities include development of flight simulator devices, mission training for military pilots, commercial pilot training, and schoolhouse development and operation.