We are looking for a software test engineer (SDET) who will help us create exceptional products for airlines and travelers. The position is located in the Montreal office.
The software test engineers at Plusgrade aim to contribute to the web service and service applications intended for end users and / or partners. They work directly with several product teams and are the driving force behind the quality of the functionalities that we create.
Software test engineers are essential to the success and growth of our product and our business. By providing automated tools, techniques, and acting as quality mentors, they help to expand our set of features and build trust in users by overseeing the integrity and reliability of the product.
- Implement, execute and analyze the results of manual and automated tests / plans / scripts / cases.
- Lead the development, execution and evolution of test tools.
- Understand test needs, maintain automation frameworks and create new ones if necessary.
- Run tests based on product specifications, documents, and user interactions for each delivery.
- Create, format and monitor test plans for flexible, secure, functional and easy-to-use code deployments.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of metrics that will assess the quality of the delivered software application.
- Work in close collaboration with engineers, designers and product managers.
- Build and maintain test tools, test applications and other support materials.
- You are a fan of automatic testing and prefer it to manual testing.
- You are comfortable with cloud applications.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in delivering applications used by end consumers,
- You use Java or Python for writing test specifications.
- You are familiar with the test pyramid.
- You are familiar with the analysis of static metrics and the corresponding tools.
- You know when and why to use the different types of tests.
- You know how to use tools such as SoapUI or RestAssured for SOA testing.
- You are familiar with continuous integration.
- You have a practical approach with the capacity to respect your commitments.
- You like challenges and learn new things.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in computer science, software / computer engineering or equivalent, or equivalent experience.