Casa Systems, Inc., is a leading provider of next-generation ultra-broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that delivers voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Wireline Software Engineering, Vice President to join our team based in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Wireline Software Engineering, Vice President will impact the organization by primarily ensuring that the wireline software engineering organization is successful at developing and delivering wireline products in accordance with plan and resolves issues and removes barriers that hinder success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Personnel Management – Manages contributing software engineering managers, who serve as the direct supervisor of the technical staff.
- Program Management and Engineering Execution – Responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution using an overall program plan that incorporates all inter-dependencies between functional disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, controls, software), which in turn is a part of a company program plan that incorporates inter-dependencies between departments (e.g. engineering, marketing, business development). Ensure the delivery of quality products in a fast paced environment.
- Technical Leadership – Responsible for co-developing the software engineering strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a software engineering roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Strategy Development – Serves as part of the senior staff, working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments (e.g. VP Marketing, VP Business Development, VP Manufacturing and Ops) as well as the CEO, CTO, and COO (if present) to develop company strategy and product strategy.
- Manages the annual bottom-up budget for the software engineering department; including headcount, consulting spend, prototyping costs, equipment cost, travel and entertainment, professional development, patent costs and more.
- Proven ability and experience to adapt to frequent changes in priorities and requirements, and to deliver quality products with an aggressive schedule in a fast paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline; graduate degreepreferred.
- 10+ years of related telecom experience; including management.
- Excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver.
- Manages as well up as they do down.
- Strong project and technology management skills.
- Technical by training.
- Advanced people manager skills.
- Advanced skills to build team and knows how to motivate their people.
- Wake up each morning concerned whether Casa has the absolutely best software engineering team.
- Foster innovation – embrace ideas, explore them and expand on them.
Tracking Code 765