•Ensure assigned tasks are completed on time and that delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
•Onboard new hires and train them on processes, share knowledge with team members, and take an active role in technical mentoring within the team and elevating the knowledge of the team.
•Provide technical guidance to software engineers by means of coaching and mentorship throughout E2E software development, maintenance and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality.
•Promote team engagement, empowerment, and motivation.
•Provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications.
•Review and provide feedback and suggests solutions, including an operability perspective.
•Identify areas for automation.
•Follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodologies, and release processes.
•Perform code reviews and participate in test reviews.
•Enforce quality processes such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems, measure them and take corrective actions in case of variances.
•Ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
•Analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes.
•Represent/lead discussions related to products/applications/modules/team.
•Build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
•Represent the team with stakeholders.
•Position requires up to 20% domestic travel to client sites for design sessions, stakeholders meetings & implementations.
Who are we?
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company comprises amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Responsible for Leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- •Design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- •Follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as design-led thinking, DevOps) and release processes.
- •Ensure code is well designed, maintainable, scalable and supportable.
- •Develop software verification plans and automation and integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- •Promote system reliability and operability.
- •Present demos of the software products to stakeholders and internal/external customers.
- •Use knowledge of the product/solution and technologies to influence the direction and evolution of the product/solution.
- •Serve as an expert on the specific technology.
- •Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code and providing fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds.
- •Review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- •Highlight risks and help mitigate risks from technical aspects.
- •Analyze requirement documents/HLDs.
- •Perform impact assessment and contribute to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outline corrective actions.
- •Perform tasks related to scoping.
- •Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- •Serve as the technical focal point with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
- •Assume ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application and provide technical support and guidance during solution design for new requirements, problem resolution for critical/complex issues.
- •Ensure that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date.
- •Perform peer code inspection and review developed solutions and provide relevant feedback.
- •Bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to the software or business processes by utilizing software engineering tools and various innovative techniques as well as through the reuse of existing solutions.
- •By means of automation, reduce design complexity, reduce time to response, and simplify the client/end-user experience.
- •Contribute to meet various SLAs and KPIs as applicable for account and unit which includes Responsiveness, Resolution, and Software Quality SLAs.
All you need is...
- •PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in Software Engineering, or related, and three years of relevant work experience.
- •ALTERNATIVE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or related, and five years of relevant work experience.
- •In addition, the following skills are required: (1) Designing Billing Domain Software in general and specifically Billing Care and Retail systems using Springboot cloud native applications over Pivotal Cloud Foundry; (2) Developing Billing User Experience for Care and Retail using Angular or NodeJS following microservices architecture; (3) Working in DevOps engineering using Spring, Angular, KAFKA, and NoSQL databases to implement resilient, highly available and scalable applications; (4) Working directly with the customer as a Billing Subject Matter Expert to collaborate on system architecture, implementation guidelines and development execution; and (5) Collaborating with the customer in continuous improvement through troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Additional information:
- Employer: Amdocs, Inc.
- Job location: 22309 30th Dr. SE, Bothell, WA 98021
- Schedule/salary: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday; 9am to 5pm; $119,050.00 per year
- Contact: Priscilla J. Craig, Regional Immigration Manager, Americas
- To apply, email résumé to email@example.com and reference job ID HR-7029.
- THIS NOTICE IS POSTED BECAUSE AN APPLICATION FOR A PERMANENT ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION WILL BE FILED FOR A SOFTWARE ENGINEERING TEAM LEAD. ANY PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THIS APPLICATION TO THE:
- United States Department of Labor
- Employment and Training Administration
- Atlanta National Processing Center, Harris Tower
- 233 Peachtree Street NE, Suite 410
- Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team and h owning the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most sophisticated technologies!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!