Job's location: **open to working remotely anywhere in the US** (preferably Schaumburg, IL, US)
Every day, billions of transactions, calls and messages that hold the world’s communications fabric together run on systems that Amdocs has helped create.
Because we work with some of the largest and most innovative companies on the planet, our work makes an impact. Over the past four decades, we have continually reinvented ourselves, and as we keep moving into exciting new areas such as media, gaming, IoT, 5G, cloud services and more, there are always opportunities for us to grow and develop. We will nurture your entrepreneurial instincts with open doors and promote your ability to seize the day. Our company comprises amazing people, a supportive atmosphere and a culture built on mutual support, respect and a “feel good factor” that can only happen in a workplace built by the kind of people Amdocs employs.
Make your career journey with us.
In one sentence
Responsible for leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
What will your job look like?
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input to leadership regarding project viability, technology requirements/issues, estimating and business case information.
- You will be involved in providing project statuses, forecast updates and overall team updates for leadership.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the team’s timely completion of tasks including client requests/escalations, compliance/security items and maintenance/project deliverables. This includes sub-contractor teams.
- You will provide input to the software engineering manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Follow software development methodologies and release processes
- You will analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establishes technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders
- You will enforce quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and takes corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a software engineering role
- 1-2 years of experience in leading tasks and/or mentoring engineers
- Thorough understanding of software development and/or support methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Even better if you have....
- AT&T wholesale domain experience
- Exposure to basic cloud environments, waterfall and agile methodologies
- Knowledge of both midrange and mainframe technologies, MQ, NDM
- Basic project management skills
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team
- You will be challenged with leading the technical aspects of the project
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies