With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director of Engineering Program Management
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is seeking a SrSoftware Engineering Program Manager to lead initiatives related to our EV charging hardware and software products. You will engage with cross-functional teams to drive planning and execution of engineering activities including product roadmap, project resourcing, scheduling, deliverables, demos, testing and validation
In this role you will support the Product Management, platform/embedded teams, cloud, mobile engineering, and business applications teams in the product development process. You will also work cross-functionally with the hardware/system engineering program manager to support hardware, mechanical, electrical engineering, and operations teams to ensure product deliverables are met on-time and meet requirements. You will be facilitating the Agile/scrum process for development activities
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- SW EPMs need to engage early on during Product Definition cycle for new products and work closely with stakeholders from Engineering (Platform, Cloud, Mobile, Business Applications) to unblock dependencies
- Engage in detailed product roadmap and planning activities with key stakeholders and create POR (plan of record) documents for product execution
- Responsible for the daily management through the life cycle (Beta, Release, Customer Support, and Monitoring of the feature in Production, and keep track of any necessary “Change Management” that’s part of the release process of the program
- Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies between the various tasks of the new and sustaining projects including the projects that in production and are released to the field
- Enforce processes throughout the project cycle – scrums, demos to cross-functional teams on project milestones, manage risk and escalate to leadership, regular project status
- Manage and use resources across the various projects and programs in the program
- Communicate program status on a regular basis to the stakeholders
- Partner with engineering management to facilitate all aspects of projects: define, schedule, prioritize, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years’ experience leading Cloud technologies, Consumer Devices technology, EV/Automotive industry or equivalent projects with aggressive schedules
- Minimum 10 years of program/project management or similar in software development, including tracking software delivery process using tools and metrics
- Experience leading the introduction of new technologies with a proven understanding of product development lifecycles
- Fluency in Agile, Scrum. Exposure to other methodologies (Kanban etc.) a plus
- Fluency with project and documentation management tools such as Confluence and JIRA processes
- Ability to work efficiently with new technologies and industry trends
- Excellent leadership skills to work seamlessly with various stakeholders (Product Marketing, Business Development, Customer Support, Engineering)
- Strong experience as a project manager of a project running at least 6 months, involving cross-functional teams. Need to have a broad knowledge of project and program management methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to influence without the authority)
- Must have used SDLC (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, Spiral), HDLC (EVT, DVT, PVT) as well as sprint planning is required
- Will lead efforts across teams representing multiple layers of the software stack as well as other cross-functional partners in areas such as human UX, hardware, firmware, product management
- Strong written and verbal communication is key as you drive projects forward, prioritize work, facilitate the removal of obstacles, and escalate risks
- Scrum Master experienced/certified and PMP will be an advantage