Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
If so, then we would love to speak with you! The Engineering & Technology organization is a highly dynamic and growing organization that plays a vital role in providing mission-critical intelligence solutions by optimizing satellite constellations, processing data through its entire life cycle and developing reliable cutting-edge infrastructure for information dissemination across a global network and to a variety of programs.
You'll have an opportunity to work on world-class programs such as Orion, SBIRS, GPS-III, Commercial Vehicles, Deep Space Exploration, Classified Special Programs.
Within these Programs, you will participate in the design, development, verification and deployment of complex new software. You will utilize your previous software experience, and/or skills, to develop and maintain software using the following languages and technologies; C++, Java, Python, Big Data, Data Science, Cyber Security, and Embedded systems
This position is in support of the Air Force's Next Generation (Next Gen) Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Program. The qualified candidate will be a member of the SEIT Database Software Tools team. Responsibilities include performing software tools design, development, unit test, software integration, test data generation, test plan documentation and formal qualification testing of software tools in support of the data transformation and validation of database inputs. Responsibilities also include database tools and product development, integration, test, validation, and database deployment into the operational system in addition to supporting Program data requirements and products for System Test. We are seeking someone who can communicate effectively with the team to work through road blocks and resolve issues quickly. You will be responsible for the production of Command and Telemetry Databases and multiple supporting products required for database deployment into the operational system.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Strong programming skills to develop maintainable code, test data, perform thorough unit, integration & regression testing
• Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, C, C++, C#, SQL, Perl, Node JS or Python
• Experience with one or more of the following database products - Microsoft SQL Server, SAP ASE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance.
• Bachelors degree with 5 years of experience working in Flight Software and/or Database Development for the SBIRS and/or AEHF programs
• Experience in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Technical and Management Process, Technical Writing and Software Testing
• Experience in Agile software development
• Experience developing data translation software
• Software Qualification Testing experience with developing unit and functional tests preferred. SBIRS Database tools software experience would be a plus.
• Creating processes, requirements and support documentation
• Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems, hardware, telemetry, command & control.
• Experience with following SW tools: Transformation Tools Implementation, STSS, ClearCase & ClearQuest, Git or SVN
• Advanced skills in any of the following programming languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, SQL, Perl, or Python, Node.js, .NET, ClearCase, Git, SVN or equivalent SW CM Tool
• Advanced skills with one or more of the following database products - Microsoft SQL Server, SAP ASE, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with SBIRS STSS Test Systems, JTRANS DB Development and SBIRS Common Database Schema
• Current DoD Secret clearance. TS/SCI preferred