Womply is hiring an experienced technical engineeringleader to manage our application development organization. We run multiple teams focused on an array of products to help small businesses, and in this role you will manage developers across several teams. You will partner with our product managers to ensure healthy, effective product development processes, while providing strong technical and project-oriented leadership and mentoring for your developers.
This position will involve a percentage of time hands-on coding, mentoring, and reviewing, but it is expected that most of your time will be spent leading and managing. Our products are web applications built using Java, AngularJS, API frameworks, queueing systems, combined with large-scale data systems using Cassandra and Spark. We work in an agile, iterative process using tools like Jira, Github, and Slack. We emphasize in robust testing, continuous integration, and collaboration.
What you get to do every day:
- Provide strong, decisive and effective leadership for our Software Engineers
- Be an experienced technical sounding board; doing code reviews; and participating in architectural decisions
- Drive all development project schedules in collaboration with product / project managers to ensure that projects stay on track using Jira
- Hire developers as needed for your group and manage them to meet deliverables
- Personnel management of 5 - 15developers across multiple project-based teams: conducting performance reviews, holding regular 1-1 meetings, providing career guidance, professional development, and mentorship
- Identify ways to continuously improve processes, tools, environment, and other elements that can make the engineering department a great place for developers
- Get involved as needed to drive decisions, push technical direction, fix issues, debug problems, write code, and generally do what’s needed to make things happen
- Coordinate your group with otherengineering groups to minimize friction, maximize collaboration, and ensure overall smooth operations across our engineering department
What you bring to the role:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 7 or more years of professional software development experience
- Significant experience managing technical teams of at least 5 developers in an agile process
- A high level of familiarity with service development in Java
- An excellent understanding of databases and SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in a startup environment
Nice to Have:
- Previous Spark/Cassandra/Big Dataexperience .