Upstart is experiencing hyper growth and we're looking for talented Engineering Managers and Senior Engineering Managers that will help us scale and drive new product initiatives. You will be managing a squad of roughly 5-8 engineers and will play the roles of coach, mentor, architect and scrum master. We are growing like crazy, so there will be a ton of opportunity for impact and for the right person, to take on more scope. As an early leader in our remote workforce, you’ll have the opportunity to help establish the engineering culture and scale our team.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide mentorship to help individual engineers grow in their careers and maximize their impact.
- Work within all areas of the platform from our web interfaces and 3rd party API development to backend business logic.
- Partner with the product team to set engineering priorities, estimate scope of work, determine release schedules, and track progress.
- Recruit and retain a fantastic engineering team, and build a genuinely supportive and healthy workplace.
What we're looking for:
- You have at least 2 years of people management experience and at least 6 years of overall software engineering experience.
- You have a growth mindset, love learning and helping engineers develop new skills.
- You want to be part of a dynamic and exciting startup-like environment.
- You have experience inspiring teams to be productive and a desire to challenge your team to be their best.
- You’re passionate about high-quality code and focused on building reliable, great software.