Are you ready to join a software company whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy? If you love solving complex problems, cultivating high performance teams, and deploying highly scalable, distributed systems, then Tendril is the place for you.
As Software Engineering Manager you will lead a Agile software engineering team in the development and delivery ofTendril's best-in-breed energy analytics & energy management software. Tendril is working with some great technology and you will have the opportunity to lead your teams to deliver quality software built on our micro services architecture.
What You Get to Do!
- Measure, report, and enforce all quality processes to ensure high-quality solutions and high customer-satisfaction
- Measure, report, and enforce all deployment processes to ensure dependable, repeatable, and automated deployment of all Tendril solutions.
- Select and manage company staff and outsourced vendors who will implement the company solutions.
- Define, measure, and enforce the company's software development methodology.
- Monitor platform and solution performance, ensure a common understanding of current performance and scalability, and ensure that scale bottlenecks are proactively addressed.
- Assist in the building of a high-performance organization, including organizational planning, recruiting & interviewing candidates, and cultivating world-class engineers.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders and customers to develop use cases (user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company's solutions
- Be the champion of the team to the business and the champion of the business within the team
- Support project planning and prioritization of resources. Pragmatically work with peers in Account Management, Product Development, and Support, to balance customer needs, support issues, technical architecture needs, and new feature development.
- Proactively identify areas of risk in project deliverables and platform architecture, and develop plans to mitigate those risks.
- Participate in architectural discussions, facilitate healthy debate, and recommend technical solutions when necessary.
What You Bring to Tendril:
- 3+ years experience managing web application development.
- 5 years experience with startup companies.
- Hands-on experience coding in one or more currently popular language (Java, Scala, Go, Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Expert in practical application of Agile software development methodologies.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in organizations with multiple geographically disparate office locations.
- Interest and/or experience in the rapidly evolving energy sector
- Proven experience building and cultivating high-performance, cross-functional teams
- Polished communicator who interfaces productively with cross-functional counterparts at all levels of management.
- Ability to foster a creative and collaborative climate with cross-functional groups
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience in a product-oriented SaaS business (B2B a plus)
- Demonstrated track record working with management and Executive level team members in a medium to large sized software product development organization.
- Commitment to bringing new approaches and ideas to the team with a consistently positive attitude.
What Makes Tendril So Amazing?
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect onwork that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh. A Lot.