We provide secure, reliable, and multifaceted Infrastructure that is self-serve for all our product teams across both on-premise as well as multi-cloud environments.
This position will report directly to a Senior Director and is available to work from home or any New Relic office.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers that develop automation and self-service tooling to reduce friction of secrets management and dealing with access for people and services
- Partner closely with product management, fellow engineering managers, and key decision-makers to set up team priorities and roadmap
- Act as leader-coach who cultivates an inclusive environment that brings out the best in people and provide growth opportunities for engineers by assigning projects tailored to skill level and interests
- Develop and iterate on processes and practices that keep your team focused and executing efficiently
- 2+ years of experience leading high-performing software engineering teams
- You value high iteration speed, low cycle times, a focus on the actual problems we're solving for our customers, good communication, collaboration, and improving the people around us
- Ability to collaborate within your own and across departments
- You are willing to adapt your management style. We’re working in a highly changing environment, and have a particular process you follow isn’t going to work.
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, very customer-centric, and able to think big.
- Experience with secrets management products like Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with AWS account management and provisioning
- Experience with cloud transformation and/or hybrid cloud