What you will get to do:
As a Cloud Software Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, creatives, and product owners to support the team, development, and technical objectives for the software that is powering the next generation of traffic management solutions.
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers and meet regularly through 1:1’s
- Provide specific, actionable feedback to promote personal and professional growth and development
- Set the technical direction for the team in partnership with your manager
- Support your team by enabling them to do their best work
- Develop a strong sense of autonomy and ownership amongst those on your team
- Hire new engineers for your team by collaborating with recruiters, other team members, and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers on other teams to share, learn, and define best practices
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience coaching engineers on a distributed team, with or without direct reporting responsibility
- Passion for promoting good engineering practices and high quality standards
- Obsession with user experience, human-centered design, and design thinking
- Experience with agile methodology and a bias for action
- We’re passionate about growth and achieving what no one else thought was possible, so even if you don’t meet every qualification but think you can be successful, we encourage you to apply and tell us about how you can contribute to that vision.