$200K — $250K *
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Summary Oversee engineering assignments for all product development and product support functions that are assigned to the team.
• May perform the functions and responsibilities of an engineer.
• Provide technical support to internal teams.
• Participate in or oversee the design process as needed.
• Monitor the demand for engineering services, and participate in planning processes to ensure adequate resources.
• Develop, formulate, and direct engineering processes and procedures.
• Coordinate new product or product changes into the division.
• Coordinate the development of key engineering deliverables.
• Ensure accuracy and consistency of engineering documentation.
• Promote and maintain the highest possible environment of teamwork and collaboration.
• Provide assistance and direction on engineering issues, and keep appropriate staff informed of issues or concerns.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• Assure staffing requirements are met.
• Encourage team member growth and development.
• Demonstrate the Dimensions of Competition and Raven Team Member Values in their daily actions and encourages their teams to do the same.
• Coordinate efforts to ensure proper safety and ergonomics standards and guidelines are met in work area.
• Administer team member performance reviews, goal setting, and participate in salary planning.
• Maintain records on direct reports in relation to attendance and performance.
• Keep informed of new developments, methods and techniques in the technical profession.
• May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
• Learning, understanding, continuously improving, and promoting the division’s quality management system in accordance with ISO standards.
• Provide technical leadership and direction.
• Lead team to evaluate, review, and design new or enhanced products.
• Participate in development and execution of budgets, short-term plans, and long-term plans, policies, procedures, and initiatives.
• Ensure adherence to department budgets.
• Support all functions of the engineering process - including risk assessment, testing, and release of product.
• Work with project manager to assure accurate and timely completion of projects.
• Monitor and initiate improvement projects to current processes or policies.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field.
• Minimum 7 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience leading teams effectively.
• Experienced managing teams that build applications on cloud-based distributed systems at scale (AWS, Azure).
• Comfortable with a variety of web technology stacks delivering browser-based experiences and mobile applicaitons.
• Proponent of test driven development and an API first approach to application design.
• Experience building Qt or Electron apps that run on dedicated devices would be helpful.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Experienced in agile software development methods (Scrum, SAFe)
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• Ability to coach, mentor, and empower team members to succeed.
• High level of patience and service. Ability to motivate team members.
• Problem-solving abilities. Ability to identify waste and creatively look for solutions.
• Ability to be flexible and multitask.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Valid through: 10/29/2021
$100K — $120K *