We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Leading the design, development, and testing of applications on both Linux and Windows platforms as well as leading a small team (2-5) of software engineers under such efforts.
- Responsible for developing efficient multi-threaded data acquisition and control software for sensor based / EO-IR systems, executing all software development efforts utilizing industry standard software engineer DEVOPS tools/practices (e.g., Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitFlow) and owning the overall software technical solution.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or applicable engineering or science field
- Five or more years’ professional experience developing software in C++ (i.e., not academic) primarily on Linux platforms
- Experience successfully leading a small team (2-5) of software engineers
- Experience/expertise employing software engineering DEVOPS tools/practices (e.g., Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitFlow)
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills, including the ability to readily decompose complex problems into smaller, manageable tasks
- Strong Object-Oriented design and development skills
- Strong multi-threaded / multi-core / concurrent programming skills
- Experience/expertise in video and image processing, preferably utilizing optimized libraries such as CUDA, OpenCV and / or OpenCL
- Experience/expertise in designing, developing and testing data acquisition and control software for sensor-based systems utilizing a variety of technologies and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, USB, CameraLink, GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, CoaXPress, RS-232/422/485, I2C, and GPIO)
Job Type: Full Time
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Why QinetiQ Inc.?
- Your work will contribute to the protection of American Warfighters and Security Forces.
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology.
- Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement.
- We only hire the best! No matter if you are entry or senior level, you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best in the industry.
- We have fun! We regularly have company events, from luncheons and costume contests to golf tournaments.
- We care about YOU and YOUR FAMILY. We offer competitive benefits and health insurance options.