Prosper - San Francisco, CA
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Prosper is an online marketplace that gives borrowers access to individual and institutional investors. Borrowers get low, fixed rates with no hidden fees or prepayment penalties.
Investors can earn great returns through the platform’s data-driven underwriting for personal loans, creating a new and diverse investment opportunity.
Through Prosper, more than $9 billion in personal loans have helped borrowers consolidate their credit card debt, pay for large purchases, make home improvements and cover medical expenses. Prosper Marketplace is headquartered in San Francisco and operations in Phoenix.
What We Need
We are seeking a creative and experienced Software Engineering Manager. This person will work closely with business stakeholders and product owners to define and develop new features and enhancements for our Servicing vertical. The ideal candidate will have sharp coding skills and unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do
- Lead a medium size team of highly skilled engineers- Lead technical archtecture discussion and quality code delivery- Lead agile development and project planning- Foster continuous improvement in your team members- Ensure standardization of approaches, frameworks, and toolsets- Anticipate and manage issues and risks- Own the relationships with supporting teams
What You Will Need To Have
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Must be able to design and build RESTful microservices using open source Java technology i.e. Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working on large scale, high traffic websites
- Excellent knowledge of best-practices (TDD) and coding patterns
- BS/MSDegree is must
What’s In It For You
In addition to working for a world class FinTech company and having a lot of fun doing it, Prosper provides it’s employees an excellent compensation and benefits plan. The plan includes incentive bonuses, stock options, company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even fitness reimbursement and commuting reimbursement benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- San Francisco, CA
- REST: 6 years
- Software Development: 5 years
- Engineering Management: 3 years.