Join our industry-leading product development team as a key team and business leader, driving our engineering excellence. In this role you will lead and manage a Product Development Functional Team. You will be responsible for all aspects of team leadership and development: Recruiting, career development, assignment to project roles, and advancing individual and group technical processes capabilities. You will also manage customer-facing product development projects. A great role to launch your leadership career at Plexus.
- Customer Service Excellence: lead with empathy and advocacy for internal and external customers.
- Acquire and develop great talent aligned to business need and strategic capabilities growth.
- Provide effective career coaching and mentorship.
- Identify and develop leaders to ensure healthy leadership succession.
- Build high performing project and functional teams, leveraging multiple design centers.
- Manage functional and project team performance.
- Quality leadership: ensure compliance to quality system and continuous improvement of Plexus processes and delivered quality.
- Promote Plexus culture - fostering positive change and strong relationships with global peers.
- Drive business development through leadership of customer contacts/engagements and communication of the Plexus brand and strategy.
- Collaborate with other design centers and business units to contribute to Plexus success.
- As a project manager, ensure effective quoting of project work, effective execution of customer deliverables, and project financial health.
- Manage resources and costs - balance the needs of employees, customers and Plexus.
- Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated ~25%).
Skills & Abilities
- Possesses an understanding and extensive experience in product (compliance, regulatory, verification reliability, etc.) requirements and techniques
- Possess an overall understanding of the product development and product realization processes
- Possess good management skills and knowledge of management principles
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, and leadership skills
- Possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Education & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering or related field is required for this position.
- 5 years of Product Development experience, and 2 years of supervisory or management experience, is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met.
- Industry experience of 5 years is required for this position, including 2 years of Project Management experience, and 2 years of experience in product development services or similar industry.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.