The Rubicon Project is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team of enthusiastic engineers on our core ad-serving system. The ideal candidate is a Lead Software Engineer looking to make the move up to into an Engineering Manager role or an Engineering Manager who's looking for new and challenging problems to solve hands on while managing a team.
Every day, as a company we serve 15+ billions of ads, process large Petabytes of data and provide valuable data and insights to our publishers and buyers. Every month our systems are used by 200+ million people around the world. You will be working hands-on and leading a team that is focused on the architecture of, and process innovation around, the application at the forefront of this real-time processing.
We want someone who is unafraid to take responsibility, and is passionate, fast and detail-oriented in their work. You will spend roughly half the time technically hands-on, and the other half on designing, coaching and planning with the leadership team and the engineers on your own team. If this sounds like you, or the engineer you want to be, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Be an end-to-end owner of mission-critical systems, making sure our customers' needs are met.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans.
- Write production-ready code and unit tests that meet both system and business requirements.
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software.
- Support operation of services in production.
- Line manager of other developers.
Technical experience we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ production coding experience in C/C++.
- Experience building and operating large-scale, high-traffic enterprise server applications.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead and grow an engineering team.
- 2+ years' experience in the advertising industry is a huge plus
- 2+ years’ production coding experience in Perl (Bash scripting is a plus).
- Expertise programming SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus).
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with the HTTP protocol including headers.
- Familiarity with C/C++ networking libraries.
- Minimum of B.S. in CS/EE, Math, Physics or a related science required.
Explore How Our Benefits Go Above & Beyond:
- Take time for yourself -- our vacation days are unlimited! in addition, we have generous paid time off for the week of July 4th and the last 10 days of the year!
- Stay healthy -- choose from a variety of medical, dental and vision plans at low-cost to cover you and your loved ones.
- Enjoy your stay -- we want to make it easy for you. Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches and a fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks.
- LA employees can soak up the sun on our wi-fi enabled patio, enjoy the view of mountains, palm trees, and even head out to the Pacific Ocean only a few miles away!